View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: What I thought was a great flop became a difficult flop decision

If he's got a better flush draw--a push will be giving him (well he'll think that) odds to chase against you and you definitely do not want that to call. He's going to fold a straight draw with that push. I think pushing is -EV in this situation three handed. I'd say fold because something here is beat pretty bad or both (either hand or draw). Calling won't work because everyone (well everyone at these limits) fears flushes. Raising won't work cause a bigger draw might chase with you. If CO has a set--you're dead in this hand.

I think you have to lead this flop. He flopped top pair with a flush draw--it's not like the other guy was automatically going to fire like a nutso after a pathetic min raise.

He hit the flop huge but there's a huge potential (UTG might easily have a straight draw) for you to win not much or lose a lot.

I strongly believe pushing with weak hands like this is a huge leak in a lot of the people's games. I know you want some deception but since when has ANYONE ever paid attention in these limits?