Thread: A Reminder
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: A Reminder

Sheesh. Cut the poor guy some slack. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Isura's hand was 97o. The game was NL50. And it was 4-handed. And he was on the button. That's a whole world away from PFR'ing 97o from MP in full ring NL25.

I know what you are alluding to however. Here's something I wrote yesterday buried in a thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Well the table was playing pretty loose/passive I like to play suited connectors/1gaps in these situations from any position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is a leak. Here's the deal: The majority of games, the majority of hands within those games, at NL25 and NL50, and to some extent NL100, are played loose-passively. You can join in the limpers parades and exchange chips back and forth with all the other LAP's. Or you can beat the game.

The way you beat loose/passive is to play the opposite: Tight/aggressive. You'll kill the game with a TAG mindset because all the other players will still continue on in there LAP ways. They'll call your PFR's with 75s OOP. They'll chase with 3rd pair. They'll chase with draws. They'll make bad decisions with QTo when they flop top pair.

Position is everything in NLHE. You can be TAG and still limp in on the button/CO with 75s. Play TAG with an eye on positional poker and you'll beat the NL25 game.

Purge the junky play now. Firm up the foundation of pure ABC/TAG poker. Your bankroll will be increased, as will your confidence. And then you'll have something to stand on when you move up in limits.