View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Session studies for Dec 5th thread

Micros - what's this I hear about a weak turn-out? I'm not sure you realize how fun this can be. Here's a little FAQ for you:

Q: I'm not feeling confident about my play. Why should I be giving advice to someone else?

A: You're looking at it the wrong way. All of the experienced players here realize that they're giving much more than they're getting. If they wanted to actually get as much out of this as possible, they'd hire a coach. Don't worry about it. I learn from evaluating the play of others - both good and bad - and I learn from explaining my thought process. So relax - don't feel guilty. You're not 'advising' the other player. You're giving your comments on their play and they're explaining their actions. It's all good.

Q: I don't have time for this [censored]. Why should I spend time doing this when I could be making $$$?

A: Are you serious? It's like 2 hours out of your week - no 2 weeks. Come on. Like I tell my students - the best way to learn is to teach someone else. Just thinking about how a hand is played and how you might do things differently can really clarify a lot of concepts. It's well worth it. You shouldn't be spending all of your time playing. If you really want to improve, you need things like this to keep you going.

Q: I don't want anyone else to see how much I rock at poker. Why should I share my secrets with them?

A: You do not rock at poker.

So there you go. Can you see clearer now? Don't miss out on this opportunity!

P.S. SSSH really does have 40+ signed up. (42 at the moment) You gonna let the new splinter forum treat you that way? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]