View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Ever fold KK preflop?

When I look at every hand, I look at each one individually and play them back. Do I think I am behind? What can I put them on. Is my hand in need of protecting and given where the aggression is can it be protected? All those questions that you should be asking during the hand but cannot process fast enough. Do not draw from the over all stats for that hand that it is not a winning hand. look instead at how each instance was played. Did you have an opportunity to knock out the JJ that caught the set on the turn? This happened to me with two pair aces and queens recently. I raised preflop with AQ in late pos, and called a bet from the small blind after catching the flop. the jj were behind me. I waited to raise the turn becasue with only one person left to act after me, I did not think forcing him to face 2 small bets was enough to protect my hand. After he won he told me he would have folded to two. I think he was being honest. check back through each hand and try and think like ed. no easy feat but something I strive for.