View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: PP 1/2 SH vs 3/6 SH

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! Please stick with me here, I know this post is long and may seem to drag on, but there is a purpose, and I really need some advice.

The experiment is finally over, after a few thousand hands, and I must say that I am completely exhausted and my confidence diminished.

As usual I started off the trial with a 50BB positive swing with some of the usual swings, although a bit more drastic than I am used to. Followed by this I took 33BB negative swing quickley following it up with a regain to my peak.

Since then I have taken a nose dive of 67 BB filled with ups and downs, mostly downs. Yes I know people always talk about how they have had swings of 200+, but it just seems that 3/6 is a completely different world that 1/2 by leaps and bounds.

I know that my sample size for 1/2 is relatively small (7K)but I had never seen swings this bad during this stretch, not even close. It has mostly been 7K hands of up up and away with around 5BB/100. I know inevidably I will hit the wall and run bad, I am well aware.

After experiencing both levels of play I would have to say that the primary difference between 1/2 and 3/6 are the aggressiveness/skill/luck of the LAGtards. They kick my butt at every single table I play, even when they are on my right. No matter how I adjust my play to them I was always just handing loads and loads of money over to them. The TAGs at the table I could beat consistantly no matter where they were. I always did better at 20/10 tables than 50/15 tables, much much better. I am not sure I understand why it is that I am able to beat the TAGs but not the LAGs at this level. In the 1/2 level I can seem to beat any type of player consistantly regardless of their position.

What would it take to figure out what it is that I am doing wrong at these levels? What stats could I post or examine that may lead me to some answers? I really want to get to the route of my issues so that when I am fully ready I can move up a level with confidence. I think it is good that I conducted this experiment, now, on a temporary basis to give me a feel of what my real skill level is. Its quite frustrating, but I know it is part of the process. A very necessary step in the process. Again I apologize if I rambled on, my ADD is acting up again. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]