View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Sooted and Booted, 5/10NL

[ QUOTE ]
Me likey push turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do people generally think about raising strongly instead of pushing in these sorts of situations? Admittedly, this hand has realatively shallow stacks, and a raise much smaller than push doesn't makes sense.

BUT

In general, I guess I just don't like pushing with things other than big draws, so it seems awful conspicuous when I suddenly overbet push on a drawey board. Should I be overbet pushing more with other hands, or is there a significant amount of value with normal-raising [say, pot-sized] with a big draw, especially if you're willing to put in all of your chips if put to that decision?

This probably gets pretty complicated pretty fast [do you bluff river if he calls? in which case, you're much more likely to be dedicating more chips drawing dead.. but if you can get away from it on the river, you're dedicated less chips when you're a dog, and what if he reads you for a draw and can muck to scare cards, and if you're a favorite on the flop, you want to get as much money in as possible while you're a favorite; you want a call, blah blah blah.], but I'm curious how many people frequently semi-bluff big draws with less-than-all-in bets.

Input? =]