View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: couple of drawing hands - PLO $200 - probably basic

Hand 2 first. I was pretty sure I stack him if I hit, but I think it's a fold on the turn, especially with a heart draw out. In this particular hand villain had 7 7 6 4 with two hearts. With the assumption that I stack him when hit, turn call can't be a big mistake. But I think I can be up against a better hand here a lot of times, end up splitting when I hit, etc. I don't mind a flop call against villain, as he was having hard time letting go his made second-best hands, but turn I should release this one.

Hand 1 is more interesting I think. After UTG check/calls button all in, I probably should figure I'm ahead of him. Button is of no concern anymore, but UTG still has a lot of money behind and I'm probably at least freerolling. Had he held the nut straight, he had to be worried about board pairing (I'm pretty sure he doesn't have AA here) and about nut flush draw. He also had troubles releasing second-best hand, so I probably should try to make more money out of him here and raise. What am I missing?

On the river, side pot is dry, so I tried to make at least something out of UTG in case he is behind and button has the nuts. We ended up chopping with Q-high straight, button had J-high straight.