View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Flopped top two pair hand..board is dangerous

.05/.10 NL No real reads.

Preflop

UTG Min-raises to .20. 2 calls. I call in mid-late position with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Cut-off calls, Big blind calls.

Cut-off is the only one in the hand who has me covered. I have $17 behind and the villain (the 2nd of the two preflop cold callers has only $8 behind.

Pot is 1.25

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Pre-flop raiser bets .30, first caller calls, villain calls, Hero raises to 1.80, Cut-off cold calls my raise and it is folded around to villain who now makes it $3.60 to go and now only has about $4.50 left. Hero...

Cut-off is pretty obviously on a draw, therefore if I choose to play this hand I think I must re-raise and isolate the shortstack or cut-off is going to get really good odds to draw so I see this as a fold or re-raise (perhaps all-in) situation. The shortstack is representing a better hand than mine, but I can't help thinking he could be doing this with a worse two pair.