View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Re: DVI Splitter Cable won\'t fit on my graphics card...

I think the 59 pin only fits into certain NVIDIA graphics cards:
""
Presently, all of our current Geforce and Quadro family of GPU's (Graphics Processing Unit) supports dual monitors. However, in order to support dual monitors, the graphics card must include two ports to allow two monitors to be connected to the PC or Macintosh. The only exception is the Quadro NVS family which includes a special type of video connector called a DMS connector which carries a video signal for two monitors. The DMS connector hooks up to a special Y cable which splits to dual VGA or dual DVI. This cable will not work with standard graphic card's DVI or VGA port. Therefore standard graphic cards that do not have the special DMS port will not be able to send out two separate display signals to two different monitors.

""

The $5. splitter I bought only is used on the Quadro NVS cards...the 59 pins I guess
lets it carry 2 digital signals for 2 monitors...(and also 2 signals for the VGA monitors...)

What my graphics card does have is a DVI-I and a DSUB, so I guess I
have to plug 1 of my LCDs into each and just deal with the lower image quality on the
second monitor...(I know that my card supports Dual monitors...)

Any help or advice anyone has - please let me know...! (aside from buying a new card! lol)