View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: How long before you second guess yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Bob,

Nice graph. I actually didnt really doubt that you were a long term winner. I still think you shouldnt write of a streak like that. It's highly likely you werent at the top of your game. Anyway, that's my philosophy for my own downswings.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i am clearly making some errors and have had friends sweat/ discuss hands with me. the line between bad luck and bad play often gets hazy. i hate that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think the same thing, but I am also in a 45K breakeven streak. I have been at 1.8/100 for 120K hands before that and now I can just not string together any good wins. It really is amazing how long this can last. I always thought that tilt/bad play has to filter in somehow but now I just don't know. There is no doubt that I make many mistakes but if anything my play has gotten better and my number of mistakes has to be fewer. It is just phenomenal how bad my opponents play and that I can't beat them anymore.

FWIW anecdotally, I know several very good players who have told me to be thankful because their 45k coldstreak resulted in -400BB instead of break even.