View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: approximating pot odds for a hand

[ QUOTE ]

I did some basic calculations with probabilities of completing hands given different outs for each street and my results for 6th were similar to Doc AZ's. Once again, math is not my forte, but i got these coefficients: 3rd = 8; 4th = 7; 5th = 5; 6th = 3. These were obtained using very strict perimeters for known cards to maintain simplicity. Does any of that sound even vaguely feasible? Obviously it cannot capture the complexity that is 7-stud but i'm just looking for a tool to help with really difficult decisions at the table...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think with so many cards to come the early street coefficients need to be way more accurate, like a couple decimals and you have to add the factor of how many people are in the hand. A small fraction is going to throw off your odds by alot, especially if you have more than a few outs.

But I don't think this will help you much at game speed, and you probably won't be able to memorize all of the situations that are going to come up, like playin shorthanded and stuff and what you think you need to win.