Thread: Live JJ hand
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Live JJ hand

I am playing in a live 2/5 game with a $200 buy-in. At the time of the hand I have about $215 in front of me, and the two people who bet in this hand both have me covered (preflop raiser about $400-$500 and flop bettor about $700-$800). The preflop raiser is loose and marginally aggressive before the flop; reverts to mostly calling or folding postflop once someone bets or raises. The flop bettor has been loose and pretty aggressive -- he hasn't been played back at very often, but from the few hands I have seen his aggressiveness is based on having hands like QJo and A8s that appear strong (to him). My image would have to be very tight, as I have been card-dead for several hours now. I don't know, however, whether my opponents have observed this and whether they will adjust even if they have.

In this hand, UTG limps, a MP limps, CO raises to $20, SB calls, I look down and see J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I pause for a second to think about what to do, and I ended up deciding to call. UTG calls, MP folds. So it is four to the flop with $85 in the pot.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB bets $50, and I raise to $125.

What do you think of my line so far (preflop call and flop raise)?