View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Re-inventing the wheel: a blind play strategy

Hey Cartman,

I've stopped 3betting in this situation for the most part (see myfreshly-made post about dealing with this sort of situation with KTo). This type of player bluffs and semi-bluffs too much...3betting to regain the initiative is worthless, because he'll raise us on the flop and turn with inferior hands so often that we are just costing ourselves money postflop.

I much prefer to see a flop. If I flop a piece I can go to war. If I don't, but I think my hand is good enough %age against his range (see other post) then I can call down or c/r the street of my choosing.

We don't make our money by taking the aggressive, fold-em-when-we-both-miss strategies against these types of LAGtards. We make money when we flop A-hi and they continuation-bluff J8o UI on 3 streets. We make money when we flop top pair, c/r the flop and have him call all 3 streets with KQ UI on an A-hi board. We make money when we hit a set, bet-call the flop and bet-3bet the turn, and he calls down 3rd pair. Trying to make them fold is just going to result in heartache for our BR.

Surf

Edit: I agree with the funky llama. I'm 3betting AK here for value b/c I can call it down UI and play more correctly vs his range. I'll flat call 55 so I can pick the boards where I put more bets in, instead of being "obligated" to cont-bet the flop regardless and having to fold the best hand on dangerous boards.