View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Valued Posts and Posters

[ QUOTE ]
As much as I appreciate his humor, now with his latest bogus stat post [6789 thread], like Buzz, I am having trouble assigning any meaning to his strategy posts, as a healthy percentage of what he says is meant as a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't judge by tone and context that these posts are legimate advice?

whereas the 6789 one was a joke, when I included the following:

"If you smugly check-raise him on the flop and then lead the turn blind, not only will you stand a good chance of being raised blind, which will allow you to then reraise in the dark as well, which *occasionally* will lead to an in-the-dark cap and subsequent in-the-dark-of-the-dark river blind-lead by you, I promise you this seemingly marginal holding will reap a significant win over time."

How the F can you interpret that as honest advice?

If you're ever in doubt, just DO THE MATH YOURSELF. Don't you see that it will make you a better player? If you just want numbers and the like spoonfed to you, you're not going to improve. If you read that 6789 thread and genuinely though "gee, that's surprising" and then got your ass over to 2 dimes and ran some simulations of 6789 vs. other hands, you would quickly recognize the joke.

I don't buy this joke-posts-ruining-the-validity-of-other-posts theory, unless you are