View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Someone has a huge leak in their game. Please tell me who.

I see this as a situation where limping is horribly wrong. By limping you not only commit ~20% of your stack to the pot but you also stand the chance of losing fold equity against the other shorter stacks at the table, especially the CO. This means that on the next hand that you pickup your push is that much easier to call. Not only that, but now your double up costs you 200 chips this time, 400 next time, and so on and so forth. Losing 200 chips here as the short stack with the blinds/antes this high is highly undesirable.

I push here. Next hand the SB and BB are both the big stacks. They're more likely to call the next hand than this one. Players in a $5 game like to chase after their money already invested in the pot. I prefer heros chances with this hand over a hand like 74o. Hero's cards are most likely live and he has a rather good suited connector here. SB isn't likely to call here. That only leaves the BB and UTG and I don't think that UTG has a very strong hand. I push and I don't think it's close.