View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Limp-Reaise followed by Limp-cap!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering how many people just got the rush of blood and bet or how many people actually put some thought into it and made the decision that betting was better than a c/r.

All I was saying is..as soon as I saw that Ace fall on the river, I knew three things.

1. I have the stone cold nuts.
2. There is no way this river gets checked through.

And before we all look at the river action and use our wonderful powers of result orientated thinking...the third thing I've got going through my head when I hit that river (other than $ signs) is that the so called "maniac" is on my immediate left and the most likely card in the entire deck to hit his preflop capping hand has just landed. Most with even mediocre hands are more likely to call one bet from maniac than two after maniac raises my donk.
Failing his bet, I've still got three other players AND a preflop 3bettor to act [refer to point 2].

Betting out is more than likely the best option here but I can't make up my mind. I'm hoping someone else will.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking while actually playing the hand was that after seeing the C/R attempt fail and the turn check through, there was no way I was allowing MP1 who I had put on AA get a free showdown with his set of aces. I bet out as there were plenty of hands that just had to call one more bet in a huge pot that would otherwise be just as happy to let it check through again.

Mat