View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 05:48 AM

Default Re: $100 NL - AQ versus tough player

The 3 hands I most likely put him on, given the min-raise, are 77, AT and 98. The first two are both very strong made hands and that board only has one real draw, so the betting pattern seems to be he has a made hand and figures you for a made hand.

The other, much more unlikely alternative in my opinion, is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. That's a hand that wants a multi-way juiced pot, which the min-raise seems to have accomplished, and then he plays it very hard and fast. The two hearts on the turn give him enough outs to continue representing at least TP, but the paired board would give him pause.

In any of these, you are beat by the river. The only hands you beat at the moment are the case-ace, non-king-kicker and some horrifically overplayed high PP. Because you were calling all along, the most obvious draw hit, and he fired out anyway... he probably has even that beat.

Also, I would strongly considering reraising pre-flop. You made no attempt to define his hand and AQ is a dangerous hand to play without some idea of what he has. Calling seems the best way to get hit w/AK.