View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: AA beginner question

Grunching. Oofda

You're new, and you've most likely gotten good advice already above. In a word, painful.

Preflop. RAISE. You have the best hand possible. Someone with a lesser hand already likes his hand enough to raise and he doesn't have you beat. Raise for value. If you aren't going to raise with the nuts, what do you raise with?

Flop. I cap it. There is a flush draw out there so the flush isn't going anywhere, take his money now. The way you played it, with the preflop cold-call, the villian can't put you on anything that beats his AK. (I haven't looked at results) AA should have re-raised, KK, should re-raise, QQ, should re-raise. The only thing that beats him at this point, in his mind, is KQ. If he has KQ himself, we're in trouble.

Turn: The flush card hit, and Villian hasn't slowed down. I just call behind. UTG is in there with something.

When UTG wakes up on the river, I just call a bet, and I overcall if Vilian just calls also. I'd like to know for sure what UTG would donkbet on the river, and what Villian had. AND I still may have the best hand.

Keep posting and reading. It's the best way to get better.