View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: *Official* Boat or Better Thread

So, I got a PM this evening constructively criticizing this thread. The guy said that because of how difficult it is to maintain a coherent strategy discussion of a particular hand when new hands are coming in all the time, the thread is a failure. I'm not sure either way. One thing I do think is that this thread is attracting posts from boat+ hands that may not have been posted in the first place, rather than acting strictly as a depository for boat+ hands that someone wanted to post, but then decided to put in here.

What do you guys think? To the people who've posted hands, do you think you've received adaquate commentary? To the rest, do you think there's good discussion here? Is this more effective than the alternative of having the occasional "Watch me check my quads to the river" thread? Pipe up. *ominous music* The fate of the thread hangs in the balance!

Also, by questioning this thread, I mean no disrespect to Jax. He went out on a limb to try an experiment. Some experiments work. Some fail. Either way, we learn something. Win, lose, or draw, I think there's been plenty gain to the forum from this.