View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Re: AA In CO To Raise & Cold-Call

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ugh man, raise more pre-flop, bet the flop, bet the flop, bet the flop!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you suggest? I scared one off with incredible odds to call. I wanted to give good odds to call considering I had position.

Also, why bet that flop? I have a dominating hand and position on the guy. Only possible draws were guts. I felt most likely a bet meant he was folding for sure, and why would I want anyone to fold when I flopped a set of aces with no real draws?

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop - if MP2/MP3 have pocket pairs, your small raise makes it correct for them to call. Raise more and try to get them to make a mistake. If they both fold, so what? 9.5 BBs uncontested isn't a bad result for AA.

flop check is ok i think for the reasons you mentioned. Aside from a set of 10s or the case ace, who is calling a bet here? What hand villain is open raising with are you afraid of giving a free card to? I'd love to build a huge pot here with the nuts as much as the next guy, but in this spot villain is almost always going to fold to your flop bet. Giving him a low risk chance to catch up isn't a bad option.

on this turn card i'm raising.