View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Call with garbage?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
94o at 10% is at least worth thinking about getting 3.6:1 and an opportunity to go from red zone to yellow zone.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes no sense.

10%= 9-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

First I would like to apologize to everyone for my attitude. I'm sorry I'm coming off like a dick here. It's probably because I have been posting like one.

Still, I think there is way more to the math here than you people are admitting to. I understand that in most situations if I am putting in 22% of the money I should want to have at least a 22% chance of winning the pot. I understand that getting 3.6:1 as a 9:1 dog is not normally a good idea.

What I have been attempting to get at is that if I fold I have T5530 left and have to post another T500 next hand. This is less than half the avg stack and only enough for 3 more rounds. What are my chances of making any significant amount of money in this tournament with a stack this small? I don't think it's great. I think I will be gone shortly the vast majority of the time. Call that Situation A.

If I call (and again I did NOT think 94o was worth calling here) and win I have T25,380 which is about dbl the avg stack and even after posting the sb next hand still leaves me with 16.6 rounds worth of blinds. This gives me a way better shot at real money. Call that Situation B.

I'm saying forget about what the actual amount of money in the pot is compared to what I have to put in. What kind of odds do you want to take a shot at Situation B?

Sit. A = alive but likely broke soon
Sit. B = broke now or a x% chance of getting ahold of a decent stack.

I think 20% is a no brainer, 15% is enough for me and 10% (ie 94o) is not that far wrong. Everyone else seems to think a 20% chance is not enough.

I find it hard to believe everyone else is so much more conservative in style than me. I never thought of myself as a wildman.

*** any attitude in this particular post is NOT intended. ***