View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Possible problems with anarcho-capitalism

[ QUOTE ]
If the customers benefit from that firm, I see no reason why they wouldn't join in. Or suppose a firm upholds a law that people shouldn't be allowed to gamble, and starts imposing fines on people who don't. A lot of people will support this firm, especially since they might be cheaper.

Of course, this all comes from fantasy land, AC's would be better off if they just stuck with pure anarchy, as it at least makes f'in sense and is consistent with itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

In AC there ARE laws. Again, I cite the non-aggression axiom. . It is unlawful for someone to impose their will on another without consent.

The fines you state in your example would be considered theft under AC, and proper action by other firms would be taken against said firm.

Additionally, it is unlikely that such a firm would survive in AC because it would be less efficient than firms which simply uphold the non-aggression principle (again, any revenue from fines is illegal).

I realize that AC rests on the basis that people understand and accept natural law. A few centuries ago, kings derived their legitimacy from divine right. Why, in the future, is it not possible for people to realize the forceful nature of the state and accept natural law?