View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Size Does Matter

haven't read the replies yet, but i'll take a crack.

(also, i want to say that i hope someone in this thread called this a WAWB situation. because i like a good chuckle =)

i call here. i imagine you have an aggressive image. this means that, if the SB is an observant/solid player, he will be very willing to 3bet you with a lot of cards here, which include sets, but also include 67, two big diamonds, a paired fourflush, 88, JT... essentially, a lot of hands you way ahead of, a lot of hands you are way behind, and also a few hands with strong-ish draws.

essentially, the problem that i'm having is that I can't fold TPTK on this board to a 3bet push from an SB caller.

not to mention that people hate being called OOP and will have difficulty putting you on TPTK.

my turn play will depend on a lot of things. the turn card, of course. his bet size. i will likely try to make a "timing" read (i know, ugh). i am fairly certain that if checked to on the turn, i'm betting any card that falls. i'm folding a CR (which will likely be a push) on a scare card and calling a non scare card (scare cards being, at this point, diamonds).

i'll be perfectly honest -- i am unsure what to do on the turn if he bets out. no matter what card comes.