View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: flop a set, how to extract?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i check this turn. i put him on a Q, and not a huge hand, and not a draw. So i'll give him a chance to hit his card as the A has likely killed my action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the line better when there is no flush draw on the flop. Not saying that he necessarily has clubs, but he can certainly put us on it if we check behind here. That might now allow him to go off on the river (which is really the only reason to check behind on the turn).

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? he's more likely to bet/call/c-r the river (that's what "go off" means, right?) if he thinks we have a missed flush draw, right? so aren't you arguing that that makes checking the turn more appealing if there is flush draw on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean if a club hits the river, he may be scared that we have one and shut down a bit. That's why I prefer to go ahead and get some money in on the turn and evaluate the river as opposed to getting cute and checking behind on the turn.
So many times, posters are afraid to slowplay a hand because of a flush draw and the opponent might have one. I think that this is wrong in general, but still perhaps the correct play is to not slowplay if a scare card will slow the action anyway.

if the flop was rainbow, then your check behind on the turn doesn't look so much like a flush draw and you can be more sure of getting river action even if a club hits.