View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Size Does Matter

Does the sb have a baby picture? Oh right, he seems solid. Well then probably not a good idea to shove.

I tend to call here at least some of the time and I'm having trouble explaining why so maybe I'm wrong. I'd also be inclined to call with 1010 and sometimes ak, not sure if that's relevent. If he leads the turn I'm raising anything I don't want to show down and calling anything I do. (I know, backwards poker right [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])

Basically I read the villain as having a hand he will fold to a raise (99, qj) or a set if he's clever. I don't think draws tend to bet out multiway. A passive line seems like the best way to get value and you don't have to worry about getting outdrawn. If he's smart enough to bet all three streets with a set then you're screwed. If he has a jack he'll either keep betting and put the money in for you or switch to check/calling and you can go 2/3-3/4 pot and really punish him. If he makes a blockish bet I'd minraise or some other small raise.

Great hand by the way, I think this sort of situation is one of the most important things to discuss.