View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: 30/60 big pot odd river

With this many players a couple of things could happen. It could be checked around because this card completes some hands that could be held by either blind, namely a straight but also the backdoor flush. Second, someone may have hit their backdoor flush or a higher straight and you hand is no good. Third, there is the remote possiblitiy that you're up against a full house even though this is unlikely. With all these potential hands out I think your best course of action is to bet the hand out and hope to pick up some crying calls from overpairs; people may be more inclined to check it down because it is a real possibility that either the hero or small blind made a hand since these cards are in the "blinds playing range" and are unlikely to have helped those outside the blinds. I would bet because I don't feel that your hand warrents a check-raise, you have a good chance of being called by worse hands, and there is a good possibility that it will be checked around if you don't do the betting yourself.