View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Kill games on ultimate bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it affects the game, but so little that there is almost no adjustment for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you are playing in a 3-6 kill game and the upcoming hand is a kill, you shouldn't treat the hand as a raised preflop and tighten up appropriately? Or would you play your "normal" style in a kill hand, just like a non-kill?

[/ QUOTE ]
what i said about the mariginal hands was concerning when you have the 1/2 kill button.

in a kill pot:
i'd treat money posted by the 'killer' like what it is, a third blind. you always assume the BB has a random hand, because thats what he has, the killer has the same thing.

so you would only make the adjustments that are pretty obvious. ie. fold fold fold killer check fold fold and you are on the button next to act. well you can raise an awfully wide range here because you are basically up against 3 blinds. in fact you might be even better than being up against 3 blinds because the killer check which likely indicates a less than premium hand. though many a player wouldn't raise anything in the killer's position because no one has entered the pot yet and if he raises people have to call two BIG bets(at the non-kill stakes) cold.

think of it like this if the killer is posting UTG for example. that is exactly the same (well not exactly but damn near exactly) as a game played w/ 3 blinds. it just so happens you are playing 6/12 with 3 blinds instead of 3/6 with 2 blinds this hand or whatever.

EDIT: to answer your question in short. no i wouldn't treat a kill pot as if it was raised and therefore tighten up accordingly. and yes i would play almost exactly the same game.