View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: just becaome an uncle today

[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry about being the "cool" uncle. Just focus on being a nice guy and a good example for your brother and his kids (when they get old enough to know what's up).

Most likely if you were not the cool brother your brother will raise the kids in an environment where you probably won't be the cool uncle.

Swed

[/ QUOTE ]
i might have been a bit confusing. i am a nice brother. my brothers and sisters like me. but i am not the 'life of the party' guy in the family. i am not the most interesting/talented guy in the family. anyway, i could still be the coolest uncle in the family if, for example, i was rich and had a sweet boat or whatever and i constant taking my nephew out on totally awesome boating trips or something.

see the thing is, i can basically spoil the kids right? whereas my brother has to be the bad cop sometimes, Uncles are never the bad cop. right?

but my other brother, he never has to be the bad cop either. so there is a little competition there. but in the end, i'd settle for just being a 'cool' uncle rather than the 'coolest' uncle of course.