View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: 3 HU hands. 10/20

capping hand 1 is ridiculous against all but the most insane opponents. after playing 10 minutes theres no way you could know he doesnt have an ace on this board or even a 9 with a better kicker.

the turn checkraise in hand 2 after you pick up the 6 is hot. however, im not really a fan of the checkraise on a blank card because alot of players will call your checkraise with a gutshot draw and youll be forced to checkfold the river. unless you have a strong read that he wont call a gutshot i dont like it. id rather checkraise the flop. delayed bluffs out of position are rarely ever good plays. you said hes raising any king or ace preflop so your checkraise has no folding equity. i sincerely doubt he folds a pair. the only better hand that could fold is queen high.

i think you have an easy river fold in hand 3. i agree with etizzle that hes not checking king high or other hands on this board. most importantly however, if you think your hand is strong enough to call a river bet because his hand range is so large then checking the flop is a huge mistake.