View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: NCAABB Unranked vs Ranked 11/29

[ QUOTE ]
Are you still here bragging about 1 win? I already said this thing has never gone undefeated. I also said I have never lost with it over an entire season. Yes, I will take them all blindly. I have never done my self a "disservice" by doing so.

Oh, and the reasoning did apply to the Illinois/UNC game. You said it yourself that 81% (I think) were on Illinois. The line dropped and we got our value. It just didn't come in. Can't win em all. You keep capping the games and I will blindly follow this treand. I have no proof that I have won every year blindly following this trend but I do have it documented here for last year and one game this year so far. Grand total is 14-8. I'm done defending it. People made the same comments last year when it lost and then it went on a tear.

For the last time, Vegas knows the public is going to bet on the ranked team. Do you honestly think they made UNC a favorite and said, "Merry Christmas, here's some money for you to start the year off"? I don't think so. UNC simply lost. That's all there is to it.

Good Luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I was bragging about 2 wins [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but then I saw that you didn't count Nevada so that's fine. Good call. Anyways, you're not the one I'm trying to convince. I know you're going to live and die by this system. But I'm just trying to give an alternative viewpoint to others that are maybe not as sure where to put their money and are trying to decide. That's allowed right? Then they can choose if they want to follow the system blindly, or maybe take some other factors into consideration. Good luck with the system this year.