View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: How Important is a Woman\'s Weight

My brother became close friends with a woman who weighed 400 pounds. I'm not sure if I would have ever called them "dating" because my brother told me he had zero physical attraction... but he really liked her, as a person. I have talked to her and she seemed like a really awesome person. It was clear that this woman wanted to marry my brother.

Eventually my brother was like "look, this is just not going to work", physical attraction was one reason, her health was another reason - when someone weighs that much their life expectation is a lot lower and she was also older than my brother (my brother is 32). A third reason is that my brother wants kids.

Now my brother is dating a girl who is tall (5'10"ish i think) and weighs like 190-200 pounds. I like her a lot too (personality wise). She's no supermodel but I would call her above average in looks (so if the national mean is a 5 then she is a 6). And from what I can tell it doesn't matter to him, though he is making her run with him - they just ran a 5k race together.