View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Re: 20/40 vs 10/20 in AC (and a message to Jeffage)

Prodigy,

I know all the people you are talking about in the 75 game (with possible exception of the Jamaican guy but I'm sure I'd know him if I saw him). I'd rather not discuss anyone by name on this public forum, but they are generally nice guys who like lots of action.

As for the Korean guy, he is still there and still playing high limits (150-300, 2-4, 75-150, 40-80, whatever). Legend has it (and this has been verified by a number of people) that this person won more than $10,000 in a 20-40 hold em game and no, that is NOT a misprint. But he is very friendly and likes to splash for sure. He's gone beyond me though, since 75-150 is pretty much as high as I go except under very special circumstances that I can't imagine yet lol.

As for variance, high limit stud has a bunch of it. But I find the swings much less ridiculous than, say, 80-160 Hold Em at Borgata. People play more straightforwardly and raises on later streets typically are what they represent, save for a few people. Plus it's easier not to get trapped with marginal hands whereas the 80 Hold Em often becomes a game where you have to pay off alot bc it's so aggro. This is just my opinion though - the 75 game has plenty of swings.

Good luck at the tables,
Jeff