View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 07:10 AM

Default Re: sleeping problems anyone

Let me put it this way- it's 6 in the morning here and I'm not just getting up for the day. I'm actually going to bed around 7:30. I've always had a hard time sleeping. I used to take Trazadone for it, which worked wonders. However, my normal sleep cycle is usually 4 in the morning to noon. I never found a decent position working second or third shift. As such, my rhythm was always off. Weekends were great, it was the only time I felt normal, going to bed at when the sun was about ready to up and waking up at noon.

Now, I play poker late in the day and again later at night. After playing poker, I cannot shut my mind off and just sleep. It takes hours for me to wind down. I quit playing at 3 this morning and feel only slightly tired.

As far as suggestions go, there are many relaxation exercises you can do to unwind. The method that works best for me is to breathe in to the count of seven, using your heartbeat as the metronome. Hold to the count of seven. Breathe out for seven. If seven is too long, use a smaller number.