View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Big pot... call it down?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont care how big the pot is on the river, there is no reason to call for one more bet against this type opponent unless you improve.

Well actually there is one reason, and that is if you think theres a chance that your read on the player is wrong. You said that this opponent is "loose passive as far as I can tell" this statement alone probably means you should call the river in this big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incredibly helpful. Do you actually read these before you hit 'send'? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yeah, definitely fold the river UI, unless everyone else folds, then maybe call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have called many river bets knowing I am dead, but I still had to call that river bet becuz the pot odds I was getting compared to the probability that my read was wrong was favorable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I know. You just wrote fold in the 1st sentence, then call in the next.

I'd call the raise, and probably call 1 on the river UI. I might not overcall. Depends on the reads I have on those involved

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess the message I was trying to convey to the OP was that if his read is 100% accurate then folding this river unimproved would be the right play IMO even in this big pot.