View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Re: What do you limp?

[ QUOTE ]

Do I have this right? A list like this is about right for you for an opening limp:

EP 88, 99, TT, AQo
MP 55, 66, 77, KQo, AJs
LP any pair, AJo, QJs, JTs, T9s

[/ QUOTE ]

LP "any pair" for me depends on limpers, if there are none, I will raise them. Save for maybe 22, and on odd occasion 33, which I might limp or even fold, depends on the table.

I raise AQo EP, and sometimes TT as well. I would not open limp KQo from MP, I would fold it, and raise KQs. Behind limpers again depends on those to act after me. AJs is usually a raise from MP unopened, again.

LP, T9s I want at least 2 limpers and probably 3. JTs I want at least two as well I think, but sometimes will play it with 1. QJs again I usually want a limper to play. I wouldn't raise with these hands first in, not at level 1 anyway, except maybe very rarely QJs. AJo I'm raising LP unopened, of course.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you raise with 88, 99 and TT from MP? With pairs in LP, do you limp with 22, 33 and 44 or do you really expand the range to include all pairs? If it gets to LP and no one has entered the pot, isn't it better to raise or fold with the small pocket pairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

See above, yes I am usually raising all of these.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you limp any stronger hands to protect your weaker limping hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not very often at all.