View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 02:50 AM

Default Re: semi-weird 200/400 bellagio hand

i bet the turn.

if checkraised by the sb id be very surprised but lets see. the sb is supposedly solid and plays wierd according to a 2nd hand source.

solid raises the sb vs. 3 limpers. what range here? clearly the normal ones but also probably hands like T9s etc. if he's in the mood [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

continuation bet on the flop and calling two cold after a semiloose passive but agro girl 3 bets. now if you know this girl is agro, does the sb? if so id be more likely to bet and call downa c/r.

it doesn't look like the bb has AK at all, id vastly discount that at this point. same w/ KQs. KK/JJ would proabably bet this turn and AsAx might checkraise while AA nos apde would bet.

im having a tough time narrowing down a hand here, especially one that you beat if the sb decides to continue. QQs maybe if sb knows you know girl is agro postflop. but id think that might bet the turn...but could also c'r it sometimes.

if you bet the turn and are wrong (a hand you beat w/ a draw is out) you cost yourself the equity loss on that street and the pot if the draw card hits and it woulda folded to a bet.

if you are correct that your hand is best and bet and get c'red you could make a large mistake if ahead. you could also have outs, but it would be looking very very bad for you if you got c'r here.

the probly is, you can't revolve your strategy entirely around teh sb. the 3rd player in this pot pushes up the more attractive probabilities in terms of hand ranges imo.

id bet and see what happens. im really not normally a fan of that line but i htink its good here. it seems this is a spot where in the long run you have a very difficult to figure out amount of expectation b/c it depends so highly on information you dont yet have (their actions after you bet/check)...i.e. its a spot where the change in expectation is large iwth respect to changes in assumptions and ex ante actions.

in these spots, taking an aggressive line tends to increase expectation along with volatility. therefore, id go with a bet here (again) and see what develops. id really want to see a showdown here b/c even at these limits, peoples' thought processes never cease to amaze me.

Barron