View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Durron\'s first hand, some analysis, there was interest

[ QUOTE ]
That's simular, as we say back in Indiana, but not exactly the same. I set the min. edge to zero also. There is some other setting about discounting the blinds or something, but maybe my version doesn't have that. Mine is v1.18b.

The question though is about solving for both ranges at the same time. BB's calling range is not an assumption. The idea is to find the Nash equilibrium. Disclaimer: At best, I just barely have a clue what the hell I'm talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand BB's range isn't a given. But, if you think you've reached an equilibrium, you ought to be able to get CO's pushing range by plugging in BB's derived calling range.

Yes, it would be cool if SNGPT would determine the equilibrium for us. I've spent lots of time with trial and error trying to find the equilibriums (not for this problem). I think it's a worthwhile exercise, even if it is time consuming, because the answers aren't always what you (at least what I) expect from the initial runs.

I don't understand quite what is going on with blind discounting. If you could explain it to me, I would be grateful.