View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Double flop hold-em

I agree with UA about playing scoop hands only. Just because you have a chance to hit on both boards with Axs doesn't mean you should be paying 4 bets to see the flops. Consider the case when you only hit 1 flop with a "drawing hand", which will happen significantly more often than hitting both. It will be more difficult to put your opponents on a particular board (unlike a high/low split game) so you need to be confident that you will take the board you're playing for. If you're dominated on the board you're gunning for with no chance to pick up the other board, you're going to lose a lot of chips.

I think big pocket pairs are huge because they have so much scoop potential. Big suited broadway are also good for makeing top pair on both boards. Smaller pocket pairs might be okay for locking up one board with a set, but have a very reduced chance to scoop as half of your set outs are gone. I'm not sure what the overall EV would be for them - probably depends on the game. Suited connectors are probably trash as you're likely drawing on only a single board, but if you do happen to hit both boards, many of your outs will be out of play (because they're on the other board).