View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Minnesota -2.5

[ QUOTE ]

#1 - there's no such thing as a sure thing, aka a lock, in sports betting

[/ QUOTE ]

Understood.

[ QUOTE ]

#2 - if a favorite line looks like a lock (to a casual fan) you're almost always wrong. The sports books don't generally give away free money, they set the lines that take all the factors in to consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but this still isn't an argument for why Detroit is a good bet. I'll be interested to read your future post if it is going to contain real analyses, but all this stuff about sports books and psychology doesn't address the fact that Minnessota just seems like a much better team right now, has good momentum, is fighting for a playoff spot, and was favored, by sports books I might add, to make the playoffs this year.

Detroit can't run, can't pass, and can't stop the run. They've played a lot of tough defenses this year but Minnessota's D is not bad either. You'd be amazed how tough it is not to give up yards and points when your QB puts the ball on the ground every other drive.

Again, I'm not an avid sports bettor, and I don't claim to know more about it than the regulars here, but I can't see Minessota not covering 7 out of 10 times in this spot.

Please tell me why I am wrong and remind me why I don't bet on sports.