View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: What makes you fold?

Thanks for posing this very important and intriguing question. Trying to successfuly answer this question has been integral to the success of my poker hobby. Most generally, I fold when I am convinced I'm beat. I often still call if I question my read. At this point I to try to assign a value to the accuracy of my read and decide if the odds being offered are greater or less than the probability I think I'm beat. Generally, I try to enter the phenomenal field of my opponent and view the situation from his perspective. Obviously, I can't know what he holds but I can make conjectures based on my notes (if I have any), previous behavior at the table, and immediate preflop and post flop betting behaviors (time to make bet, size of bet, position, chat, etc). I guess it's more instinctual; I'd have difficulty writing a general principle for folding. I do know in the past I called too much, often against my instincts and almost always paid for it.

JeffreyREBT (Wherein I don't promise to make you rich without trying, or even trying very hard; I do promise to say things that will make you FEEL rich).