Thread: too passive?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: too passive?

You need to put in at least one raise on the turn or river. How tight do you think the BB is? I would of put MP2 on a club draw originally when he capped the flop, but when he calls the end... now the confusion would set in.

All in all, I think a raise at some point is in order. After a C/R on the flop and no more action from you asserting the strength of your hand you have given no reason for the BB to stop betting his A-K. Unless you have a strong read that you are definitely behind here you need to put in at least one raise here for value.

I would be curious to hear your thought process on all streets. If you didn't raise the turn b/c you put MP2 on flush draw and drawing dead and then chickened out on the river came I could see that. But if MP2 is full here he definitely puts in a raise... so you must be ahead of MP2 and BB has not had to face any pressure to define his hand here either. What kind of range do you put the BB on ?

If he is reasonable... I see only one hand with 3 combos out to beat you... Q-Q. If he is slightly un reasonable then then you could add the A-Q hands to his range. The question is whether he could or would play A-Q like this?

Definitely a raise on the end and a call down of a 3 bet. However, I would be sick if I called on the end and had the best hand.