View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: AA and KK are my biggest losers at Stars 100NL

[ QUOTE ]
No, your line is much worse.

Compare how much info this guy has about the strength of your hand vs how much you know about his.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, he has more info about my hand and I know less about his. How does c/c, c/f improve this?

(1) If Villain is drawing, he gets infinite odds to hit (though I guess if my plan is to c/f any river, this doesn't matter?)
(2) If Villain is ahead, I put money in on the turn with the sole intention of folding the river if i don't catch my 2 outer (bad).
(3) If Villain is behind but for some reason decides to read my turn & river checks as weakness (which of course would be crazy to do), I call the turn with the sole intention of folding the river.
(4) I have no additional information about his hand, and now he perceives my hand to be weak. This just compounds the problem.

With this line I let Villain off the hook with drawing hands, and I let him bet me out with hands that I'm ahead of, but instead of just folding to a bet on the turn I'm willing to add a little to the pot before folding on the river? Doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not saying 1/3 pot is a good turn bet. I agree it sucks. But I don't think c/c, c/f is better.