View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: AA and KK are my biggest losers at Stars 100NL

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the river, and dont bet it and then fold ... check and then fold.

The flush is there, full house is there, and a straight is there. You beat none of that. In fact, your bets make it pretty clear that you dont beat anything, yet you still call the minraise.

If AA and KK are your biggest losers then just push all-in preflop ... you wont fail to make more money that you currently are ... and you might be surprised at the results

[/ QUOTE ]

(1) I'm not open-pushing KK UTG for 150BB.
(2) I do beat 99, JJ, QQ, A8, any single high club. All of these check behind or call a small bet except for a high club, which will either give up or bet the river if checked to.
(3) The flush is there, but the only straight that is there is 69 or J9 -- both possibilities, but they seem unlikely to me. I would have heard from 69 sooner, and though J9 is double gutted, I would expect it to be suited (giving it the flush on the turn) or to *not* raise me on the river, but to throw out a value bet if I check.

Any raise bigger than a minraise I fold -- in fact, I should have folded to this minraise, but then I thought, "hmmm, 5.5 to 1 -- I may be ahead 1 time in 6, right?" probably not. I imagine I'm ahead at best 1 time in 12.