View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Hat trick on the turn

I do agree that online tells like that are of LESS value. Math and analysis, betting patterns are of higher value there. I say by quite a bit. I meant to say live they have the 50/50 value. Id say online.... thats tough but probably 90/10.

Online you can't see if your opponent is checking his hand to see if he is suited or has a guy draw. You cant see them grab their cards like they are throwing them away.

In live games I feel like I have xray vision at times or I'm using the force when dealing with these players. I MUCH prefer live play. But online its a bitch to read.

Like last night I played 500+ hands, took a beating to the fish, and I made 2 real reads off of timing tells. A successful bluff, and a catching a successful bluff.

If it was a live game for 500+ hands which would be what around 14 hours of play? The tells would have been much much more.

And yes in limit there are fewer tells because the betting is structured and the stakes are not as much.

Also when playing with experts tells go down in value. I am used to playing fish, fish, and more fish. I don't want to play crunchy1, neverwins, or anyone named "Iamabigfish".

I want to play crappy players.

I do feel NL tournaments are where tells come out the most.

I took 3rd last week in a small 130 man tournament and my tell skills were accurate for the players hands when I was in or out. of course the ones I saw.

So live has much more value for tells than online. Good players drop this percentage even further because they dont give off as many tells. I know I have a specific pattern for playing tournaments, its statue like. same betting motions, same posture, same talk (nothing). Once in a while I catch myself giving something away.

Thanks whoever posted the Daniel article. BYW Full Tilt has some show on about asking the pros questions. I found it useful. Its on ESPN.

Good discussion crunchy