Thread: Dissect My Play
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Dissect My Play

The standard raise preflop is around 8. Both villains are fairly solid to the best of my knowledge.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($263.25)
UTG ($203.45)
MP ($266.80)
Button ($289.87)
Hero ($201)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $6</font>, MP calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls $5, BB calls $4.

This is standard enough, right? Too good to fold, not good enough to reraise.

Flop: ($24) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $15</font>, MP calls $15, Hero calls $15, BB folds.

I called because I didn't put them on a low straight draw, if I raised and they hit their Q I would be losing my stack anyway, and I wanted them to hit an A, K, or invest more money with an overpair or lower set.

Turn: ($69) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $50</font>, Hero calls $50, UTG calls $157.45 (All-In), MP calls $132.45, Hero calls $130 (All-In).

Here, when I called the mini-raise I put the bettor on a wide range of hands which I had completely dominated. The mini-raiser seemed likely to have JT, but he could also have sets/2-pair that I beat, and if he did have JT I wanted to give myself a chance of not getting all-in on the river if I missed my full-house draw. When the original bettor went all-in and the mini-raiser called I had to assume one of them had JT, but I had the odds to draw to the full house. There was a chance one of them had pocket queens, but there was also a chance that neither had a straight, and held set/2-pair hands.

River: ($613.90) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $613.90

Thoughts?