View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: I\'m building a gaming / poker PC, I need help!

Thanks for the input =P. Yeah, I know I'm not taking advantage of the SLI but I thought in the future if I ever want to upgrade again it'd be nice to have the option.

I really appreciate the advice on the raid drives, as I know very little about all of that. If I do decide to go for raid, what would be the performance boost? Is it that minimal? The thought that if one dies I lose everything is also very unattractive though. I'm gonna have to rethink getting those raids, I think I'm leaning toward what you recommended though.

Lastly, I had a question about the power supply too. I'm currently thinking about the Antec TruepowerII linky. I hear it's a bad idea to skimp on the PSU, but although this one is comparatively cheap, it seems to have gotten really good reviews. However, the catch seems to be it's low watt count - it only has 550W. Is 550W enough power for this computer? Apparently it's SLI compatible if I ever chose to go that route but I'm not quite sure if it'll be strong enough. Would 600W or more be better?

Thanks again, all input is greatly appreciated.