View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Hit and Run (Do I have a play?) Lengthy...

[ QUOTE ]
We live in a no fault society. If no one was injured, what do you expect? And they don't come down that hard on 16 year olds. Kids often flee, and then their Dad sends them back to the scene - I've had this happen to me. Cops don't want to get too involved, no one was injured. People will take advantage of the court system - low consequences of being caught lying. All in all, your situation was quite common.

As long as you were not held responsible, what business of yours is it that the kid got off easy? Or that the judge or the cop didn't really care all that much about a non-injury accident?

Most of you guys want to live in a society of no consequences, where the alcohol and pot and gambling and sex and anything else you want flows freely. So, don't complain with the typical outcome of such a society. This was typical.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is silly. OK, she didnt hurt anyone, but by not giving her a stronger punishment, what makes her realize this is unnaceptable?? Obviously her mother isnt going to handle it as she has allowed her to lie in court about the facts. But when a police officer decides to cut someone slack because of their age it is setting a precedent that noone wants. If I was hurt, does the situation change? Now does she get the hit and run? Does she get charged with reckless driving? So its OK to do this if noone gets hurt?

I find it hard to believe that the cop will judge what happened to me (the victim) as far as the extent of my injuries, before deciding if she should be charged with something. If someone is driving under the influence, police officers dont wait to see if you hit somebody before they decide to charge you with it....

MDoranD