View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Is ND really deserving for BCS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you can't see the difference between this team and past Notre Dame teams you are out of your mind. If you can't understand how they will be able to recruit some of the best QB prospects in the nation you are just a moron. Brady Quinn went from working for UPS and maybe getting a shot as a free agent to possibly being a top ten pick next year. Yea, they will never be able to recruit. I can't imagine anyone will want to go there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me a moron all you want. I am well aware of the '06 recruiting class. This isn't basketball. One recruiting class does not turn a college football program around. We'll see how the recruiting goes next year when ND loses game after game because their receivers and 80% of the offensive line are gone.

I'll say it again. You cannot win consistently if you don't have the talent on the field. I don't care who's coaching. I may be wrong, but I won't believe it until I see them put a few consecutive winning seasons together.

[/ QUOTE ]

The experts all said ND would be 1-5 to start the season because ND had no talent. They were 4-2. I understand that the teams they played were not nearly as good as the experts thought they would be but ND averaged 14 points more a game this year than last year with the same players that Willingham had. The leading receiver this year hardly played last year. Maybe this has something to do with coaching. Quinn is quoted in a Sports Illustrated article saying that the past two years, under Willingham, that he did not feel that he was being coached. But that this year he knows exactly what is expected of him due to the coaching staff. Quinn has gone from completing 50% of his passes under Willingham to completing over 60% under Weis. Watching Quinn last year was a nightmare for every ND fan. There were games he couldn't hit water from a boat. This year is completely different. It is coaching. Good football players become great with dedication and good coaching. Great football players can become good with poor coaching also.

I think that ND's recruiting will be very good for the next 2-3 years. If they continue to improve each year then I think the recruiting will continue to be in the top 10 each year. However, if they start to lose consistently as they have in the past few years then yes recruiting will suffer. But I really believe the days of getting blown off the field by any team are gone with Weis as coach.