View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: LC: One year ago (Stolen from STT Forum)

I don't really have a home forum, so I'll post this here...

Oh, the memories….I started playing in November of 2003. So, one year ago I was a grizzled one year veteran of online poker. I just kept pumping money into MTTs, played uber tight and didn't understand why I never got that bail out rush of cards at bubble time. As much as I read the MTT forum, you’d think I’d absorb something, but I suffer from being extremely dumb.

At one point, I was stuck for $1200...got all the way back to even via Stars NL $100 ring games...and lost the $1200 right back thanks in large part to my MTT addiction. One Friday night last Novemeber, I decided to get it all back in one night and sat down at the big game on Stars (NL $1000 at the time). I bought in short on two tables...total of about $1000...and proceeded to lose a $1200 pot when my bottom 2 got outdrawn by an over pair when the board paired...I clicked on my other table to find AK...raise...called by K8...he flopped two pair and I was down $1000 in about 5 minutes...and $2200 overall in my online career. Good time to quit or acquire less expensive habit like cocaine, right?

Instead, I became a grinder...I turned some FPP points into some tourney dollars and found out about bonus whoring. I still donate way to often via MTTs (but did somehow get a 3rd in a Party $20 1400 runner event for $2300), but have become a winning ring game player and thanks to bonuses, I am now up over $10k playing nights, weekends and lunch hours. Poker is a great second job…way better than crack whore.