View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Limit Holdem Tournament

[ QUOTE ]
in early position with a lot of players, and having flopped a monster, i wouldn't checkraise the flop.

checkraising the flop here gives poor odds to players between you and the bettor.

you don't mind keeping them all around to hope they hit something (anything).

for that reason i like either betting out on the flop or smoothcalling the flop.

betting out, you're going to get called by all sorts of crap, and maybe someone in later position will raise and you can stick many people for many bets in the hand.

check calling, again, lets more people come along improperly.

the idea in a hand like this is that they (bad players) might take a card off with two overcards or something, figuring if they hit their hand they will be good. so you let them have the odds to hit that hand correctly, knowing that in fact that's not good enough. many bad players will call 2 bets cold with crap anyway, but you lose EV in spots by making it more likely that a bad player will obey the fundamental theorem of poker and fold when they should.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Cit is right. Go for overcalls. Let someone hit something. Raise like crazy on the turn if they hit their top pair.

When ever the board is paired people want to know if they have a chance with overcards. Check raising tells them that they don't. I might do this if the board were 2 of the same suit though just to protect my hand.

Greg